Friday, March 02, 2007

 

EHS Class of '97 to Class of '07

My dad called from the road Thursday evening. He had been listening to NPR and caught a report of tornadoes in Enterprise, Alabama. The report said one hit the high school and several students were dead or missing. I turned on CNN and watched pictures of my alma mater crumbled, debris strewn, unrecognizable at first.

I graduated from EHS in 1997 and have not been back to the school since a friend's graduation in 1998. But I have good memories and I hold that it is one of the best public high schools in the state. The teachers and administration made it that way. Some of the teachers I had still teach there and it's a blessing to know they're okay, but I grieve for the eight students lost.

To all my Enterprise friends far and wide--Jarrod, Becky, Ria, Erin, Vivianne, Susan, Tori and the numerous names I have forgotten over the past decade--take care of yourselves.

With love, Sarah

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?