Saturday, October 20, 2007

 

On Top of the World


The four of us hiked to the top of Rajat, the 'mountain' close to my house. I hadn't been to the top before and it was wonderful, very windy, almost cold, wow. And I could see all of Nema (this view is looking northwest). It felt so good to hike and exert myself, be with my friends, and accomplish something in the form of reaching the top. I used to do that in Initi, too. I would sing opera from the top of hills! We find ourselves in strange ways, in strange places. Thank God.

Comments:
Wow- kinda like hiking to the Maier, eh? :) Think of me next weekend- I'll be singing opera, too. I don't think I could ever go do my ethno work in a place like where you are now- we're learning about personal and ethical questions in our fieldwork class. Like, how do you work and live in a place that subscribes to a belief system you don't support? You have far more patience and compassion than I ever could. I'm getting to be severely feminist! :P So proud of you. Keep writing! I love to read about your days!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?