Saturday, November 03, 2007

 

Suddenly 28


My brithday was the 26th of October and I woke up that morning on the roof of my family’s house (this is normal!) and actually thought about turning 28. I usually don’t think about where I‘ve been in the last year and what this new age means but I did this time. I’m two years away from 30, living in a country where indoor plumbing is highly unusual, teaching English AND French as second languages, turning down marriage proposals a couple times a week, finding friends-good ones-who don’t speak English, learrning to trust the most unlikely people, figuring out I’ve led a very sheltered life in some aspects (which may be why I’m attracted to immature men). I also have alot to learn, but I’m waking up on a rooftop! That is way cool!

How do I want to change or be better in the coming year? I want to love more, be more patient (mainly with myself), bake an awesome cake in a brousse oven, learn French reeeeeally well so I can actually be qualified to teach it, learn to read Arabic, visit Mali, and wear a bikini in San Luis, Senegal! (it’s now or never because I’ll never be thinner in my life-it’s the RIM weight loss program) All this and inshallah.

Above is me with Taff, the security coordinator for the Woodside team here in Nema. He graciously let Heather, Edna, and Lisa and Anna from Aioun, bake me a cake in Woodside's kitchen. It was so good (first cake I had eaten in four months!). It made my day!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?