Sunday, January 06, 2008

 

Viva la Mentors!


We in the Girls Education and Empowerment (GEE) sector just finished our In-Service Training today. Each of us invited a mentor or community counterpart. It was wonderful to see them interacting with each other and the volunteers and staff. I asked Hawa, who came and is using extra time in Nouakchott to start the paperwork for her Bac exam in the spring. She was also voted coolest mentor by the other PCVs! Go Hawa!

The photo is of Hawa with Kelsea and her mentor from Tawaz, near Atar.

Comments:
It is so nice you are keeping up with the blog...I try to go in often (like once every two weeks, just to see what you are up to. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas...sounds like you are busy and having some fun..you are the perfect person for this assignment, you are going as a person and finding out about yourself, that's great.

We all miss you here. See you "on-line...

Nathan
 
Ok,ditto what that other guy said. I'll not even mention that he didn't mention me!!
Coffee at Starbucks or Carabrew is on me when you come back.
I miss you, and St. Peter's is still talking about you and live for your e-mails.
XOXo
Jeff
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?