Wednesday, October 08, 2008

 

Ch-ch-ch-changes



So, long time no post, again. Well, what's happened in between? I have five graduate school apps going (Vanderbilt, Marquette, Boston U, American, George Washington and now maybe Johns Hopkins). They shut down my site, Nema, and now I live and work in Aioun el Atrouss (addy: Sarah Bushman, PCV--Corps de la Paix--BP 4--Aioun el Atrouss--Mauritania). I have a new cat named Nema (she was given to me by someone there my last night). I'm moving in with a family here. I'm learning the Western African language of Pulaar. And I'm almost 29. Whew. Oh, and taking the GRE Oct. 25. The math setion is going to kill me. Seriously. "Quadratic what!?!" It's been over ten years since my last math class. I'm doomed. And I have a heat rash. Wheeee!

Otherwise, life is good. Check out Nema and my sitemate Heather's dog Nancy and then a pic of me and the other gals in Aioun. L-R Whitney, Susie, Sarah D., Heather and me in the back. Heather is holding a baby named Baba. :) Cheers!

Comments:
I loved your photo - made me feel very nostalgic for my 9 years in Velingara. Would any of your Pulaar-speadking friends like free copies of a paper in Pulaar? See http://soon.org.uk/fulani/free-papers.php

We mail them free of charge if specifically requested.

Thanks, Jane
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?