Saturday, October 11, 2008

 

Second time around

Hmm, I voted for 'change' four years ago, when the only thing keeping Illinois liberals from giving up was a young state's senator named Barack Obama. I remember colleagues discussing a possible Hillary/Obama ticket in '08 (made us feel better about four more years of Bush).

Well, I did it again, only this time with my eyes squeezed shut and my hands clenched around the steering wheel. I have no idea where we're going, but I'm staying in the car! There is so much at stake now that baby steps won't help. It's time to leap forward. I hope Obama is up to it and I hope he understands that doing the right thing doesn't win you friends or get you reelected; it changes the world.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?