Wednesday, December 31, 2008

 

Las Islas des Gran Canarias



I think that's correct Spanish. ;P Anyway, Happy New Year everyone! I'm spending it on Las Palmas in the Canary Islands, the only department of Spain technically in Africa. It's a bit nippy, but I went swimming anyway. Then Kim and I got Happy Meals (they come with yogurt for dessert here!). We each got the talking rhino/hippo thing from Madagascar 2. It's kind of creepy, actually. Maybe European kids have different sensibilities. Second picture is Pablo (1st year vol), and Edna and Kim. Our friend, Maylen is also here with her parents. We all toured the historical museum in Las Palmas yesterday. It was raining but still a fun day.

I can't believe I'm here, actually. I didn't realize how focused on work and life in PC I had been for the past few months until I got here. I'm relaxed, thinking about 'stuff,' and feeling good about going back. I don't have much time left in Mauritania. It's true, these two years are going by so fast. This time next year I hope to be home with my family and my cat, Nema. Happy Belated Birthday, Daddy, I love and miss you!

Hey, ever wondered what would be on the soundtrack to your life? Well, I've decided my intro (like when you make an entrance) would be Sugarland's "Something More." Pablo is Bon Jovi's "It's My Life" (or possibly something from Westlife!), Edna is Shakira's "La Tortua," and Kim is Beyonce's "Survivor." Currently listening to Sugarland's "We Run." They always make me happy. Prospero Ano, con amor, everyone.

Comments:
Right now I'm leaning towards Infernal's "I won't be crying." Sunrise Avenue's "Forever Yours" is also a distinct possibility. Let's look forward to the new year together! Ganbare! <3
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?