Saturday, January 24, 2009

 

Hi-ya!


Above is my regionmate, Kristi, during the opening remarks at a karate exhibition in Kaedi at the lycee (where my class had our training way back in the beginning). You shouldn't have any trouble picking her out. ;) The martial arts are pretty popular here. Kung-fu films are always on in video shops and MBC2 (Moroccan Broadcasting Channel) runs nothing but American action films. People ask if I know Jack Bauer personally.

Otherwise, work is going well in M'Bagne. I'm trying to be patient about GRE scores and hearing from schools so being busy helps. Am also applying to jobs, just for the kicks. Having a crush on another volunteer occupies some of my waking moments. Query: people are always saying "Sarah, I don't know you that well, but you seem nice." Am I bland? Boring? Just nice? Ack. To misquote Jessica Rabbit, "I'm not really good, I'm just drawn that way." What do I have to do, get a perm, wear black spandex and start chain-smoking? (ten points if you get THAT reference)

Enough of that. I yam what I yam, sigh. And according to Cosmo Horoscopes, things don't get really interesting for Scorpio until the fall, anyway!

Comments:
Well, DO you know Jack Bauer?

One of my students in Japan asked me if I'd ever met Johnny Depp. I think she was just hoping, though. I'm pretty sure he lives in France anyway, so being an American wouldn't make me more likely to have met him.

PS: N-I-C-E, you ain't got no alibee, you NICE, hey hey, you NICE!
 
Not bland or boring, just surrounded by people who DO chainsmoke and wear black spandex in their spare time. So don't count yourself out of the game. In my book (and anyone else who calls you friend), you're way, WAY cooler than all the other kids. :) You're quite a catch, you. And boys don't become men until the age of thirty-five.
 
You go sandra dee! You know you are beautiful. The right person just has not seen you yet.

Almost through, you have to be getting very excited to see the old USofA again. We will make a trip to see you when you get home wherever you are.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?